Why Choose UGI Energy Services?
Energy Choice gives you just that–a choice. When shopping for an energy supplier, you should make sure you’re entering into a relationship with a solid, respectable company.
We personalize our services to meet your unique needs. Watch the video to learn more.
So, why should you choose UGI Energy Services?
- We’re backed by UGI Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company. In other words, we’re not going anywhere. Have the confidence of knowing that you’re building a relationship with a well-established, trustworthy company that will still be around at the end of your contract.
- We’ve been doing this for a long time. The UGI Corporation has more than a century of experience in the energy industry.
- We’ve been doing Energy Choice as long as there has been an Energy Choice. For over 20 years we’ve been in the Energy Choice business, allowing us to expertly navigate the world of energy deregulation.
- We’re real people. When you work with UGI Energy Services, you get a team of dedicated individuals who are available to provide one-on-one help. Never speak to a telemarketing company or answering service. Our call center is located at our corporate headquarters in Wyomissing, PA, just as it has been since our inception.
- We’re in the energy industry and only the energy industry. Unlike other companies that dabble in the energy market, our core business is and always has been energy.
- We’re your neighbors. Our story is one of a local company reaching new heights. We started out as eight employees from the UGI Corporation who sought to establish a new company in the newly deregulated energy market. By utilizing our vast knowledge of the energy industry and through some creative thinking and a lot of perseverance, our company has grown to be a leading player in Energy Choice.
- We’ve invested in energy assets. Because we own our own natural gas storage facilities, electric generation plants, propane air facilities, pipelines, and other infrastructure, UGI Energy Services is uniquely positioned to navigate the complexities of the electricity and natural gas markets, which means not only cost savings to our customers but also the security of fixed pricing options.
The financial strength of an energy pioneer
UGIES is part of UGI Corporation, a Fortune 500 company that’s been supplying and delivering natural gas, propane, butane, and electricity for 140 years.
Incorporated as the United Gas Improvement Company in 1882, UGI Corporation was the first public utility holding company in the US. Today, UGI Corporation is still improving access to affordable energy, delivering reliable solutions across all 50 states and 16 countries in Europe.
The support of a local energy partner
Since 1995, UGI Energy Services has been helping customers across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US develop smarter energy strategies. We’ve also been supporting them with a level of personalized service that’s rare in energy industries.
Today, some 12,000 commercial and industrial customers look to UGIES for reliable, cost-effective energy products and solutions. Whether you run a small mom and pop shop or corporate account across multi-state facilities, we can help you meet your energy requirements more effectively.
Backed by our own asset-based infrastructure
UGI Energy Services owns and operates many of our own energy assets, giving us advantages that most marketers or retailers can’t match.
UGIES pipelines, peaking, storage, and liquefied natural gas facilities, and power plants bolster reliability for our energy supplies. But operating and managing this physical infrastructure also gives UGIES unique, real-time insight across several energy sectors–knowledge that can help support the success of our customers in several ways.
In addition to electric power generation facilities, UGIES has midstream assets to support natural gas storage, transportation, and delivery. Our pipeline networks and storage fields allow us to maintain affordable, reliable delivery, especially during peak demand. And we continue to develop new projects that bring affordable natural gas to the markets that need them.
The stability to handle market volatility
Most energy marketers and retailers don’t have the resources to withstand sudden supply disruptions and extreme price volatility. Backed by the financial stability of UGI Corporation and our own asset-based infrastructure, UGIES offers a proven ability to handle ever-shifting market and weather conditions.
In fact, our unique combination of resources has helped us maintain steady growth through several disruptions, from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to the financial crisis of 2007 to recent excessively cold winters.